Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Hint of Fall

Today was the first real taste of fall. I love this time of the year. Fall is my favorite season; however, having grown up in the Midwest I know this year's fall will be different. I've always heard that the trees on the Eastern Coast are so beautiful when they begin to change. Now I finally get to see if that's true. I live next door to a park, literally next door. When I went for a hike a few days ago the leaves hadn't begun to change. Last night I noticed the first hints of red, gold, and orange. Fall's coming! Woohoo! My friend here says that soon we'll go apple picking for Macintosh apples, the preferred apple around these parts. That should be fun and delicious. Although the fall season did make me think of corn mazes from back home. I wonder what this year's theme will be. Last year is was pirates... alas good times.

Fall is such a great time to see the beauty displayed in the world. As I was walking down Pennsylvania Avenue today to go to work I looked and saw a very gorgeous deep blue sky. It was littered with large white cumulous clouds and was so picturesque. I stopped on a street corner to see the White House and Capitol amid this lovely sky and it took my breath away. They just stood out so much. The beauty of nature was enhancing the beauty of man. It's was great. This is also the first fall where I've never had school. This will be a nice change as I'll be able to truly appreciate the season, feel the leaves crunch as I hike through the park and have the time to see the change into winter. Usually I'm so busy with work and school that I miss it. Alas, no longer. I can't wait.

Fall truly is a beautiful time. Take some time to go on a stroll, look up into the sky, and see what beauty the world has to behold.

No comments: